You arrive at work every day laser-focused on your Big 3. Then you walk into the office. Unread reports are stacked on your desk, so you rifle through them. You can’t find a red marker so you run to the supply closet. You open your Planner, then notice it’s sitting on top of that book you have to review. Better start now. You realize it’s lunchtime, and you haven’t started your first real task of the day. How did this happen?
The real villain here is not you or your workload. It’s the clutter in your workspace. It constantly tugs at your attention, finally wearing down your ability to focus. But we can fix that in just a few simple steps.
Follow this easy plan, and you’ll have a clean, inviting workspace that points you toward your top tasks every day. You’ll feel relaxed and focused on your work. And you’ll leave each afternoon feeling a greater sense of accomplishment.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- The negative impact of physical distractions on your work.
- What you must do before you ever tackle decluttering.
- Why you have to make a bigger mess before you can clean it up.
- How to overcome your emotional resistance to decluttering your workspace.
- Practical steps on how to group, sort, and select a home for everything.