35. Do You Know Your Chronotype?
Nothing gets you pumped up like being super-productive. But why does it seem that you’re never “on” at the right time? I’m never “on” at the right time. You may feel draggy and tired at work and feel really motivated only later in the evening. Or you start the day with a burst of energy, only to have it sapped in a morning of marathon meetings. It’s so frustrating to feel like you’re wasting your best time and energy.
Here’s help. We’ll show you how to work according to your natural rhythms, which may differ from your 9-to-5 schedule. When you understand your “chronotype,” you’ll instantly dial in on your most productive hours. You’ll match your best energy to high-leverage work, and be more productive than ever.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- How to cooperate with your body’s natural rhythms for maximum productivity.
- Energy management tips based on your unique chronotype.
- Insight into why you and your colleagues don’t naturally operate with the same energy at the same times.
- How chronotype tendencies could (and should) affect your ideal week.
- Ideas for avoiding traps associated with energy slumps.