17. Stop Goal Exhaustion with This Simple Fix
Does it ever feel like you’re on a treadmill? One week ends, another begins. One quarter ends, another begins. You hit your goals this month. Yay! Now get back to work. It never ends.
It’s enough to make you sick of the word goal.
Goal achievement should not be that way. The last thing you should feel about setting a goal is dread. We’ve got a simple hack that will make you feel excited every time you set a goal. Do this one simple thing, and you’ll never again dread the start of the quarter. Here’s how to create a reward that will keep you motivated to achieve.
In this episode you will—
- Learn the super simple reason you’re getting tired of tackling goals.
- Find out how to motivate yourself for goals that lack an immediate payoff.
- Understand why it’s crucial to match your reward for achievement to the goal itself.
- See why you tend to promise yourself things you don’t deliver, and how that undermines your future achievement.
- Get practical tips for ensuring you always have the time and resources to celebrate your goal achievement.
- Get excited about your goals again!